My husband got a bronze star yesterday at an award ceremony. I wanted to be there, but I had a video shoot planned for that day at the same time. I had to do the story then partially because of deadline, and also because it had been rescheduled 3 or 4 times. I couldn't reschedule it again and still make deadline.
Finals are almost here, and I'm basically done in most of my classes. I'm kind of glad that the semester is almost over. I will have more time with my hubby. The hardest part of having him home is my lack of interest in doing anything but spend time with him. It's probably a good thing that I am taking the summer off from school. I'm having such a hard time focusing. I think I'm also just kind of burned out.
Speaking of burnt, I haven't cooked in ages. My fridge is basically empty. I find that when the hubby is home all I want to do is spend time with him, and cooking takes time away from him. Needless to say I think I've cooked a grand total of 5 times, and I'm being generous, since he's been home. He got home in the middle of April, so you have an idea of how little I've cooked. My lack of food in the house is so bad that I actually ate an entire bag of beef jerky today for lunch, since there wasn't anything else to eat. I'm a bad wife.
Despite my abysmal housekeeping skills my husband loves me, and even likes and respects me. It must be because he would go insane if he spent as much time with our son as I do. I'm not saying that our son is a bad kid, in fact I think he's a pretty great kid, he's just a little boy, and somewhat crazy like all little boys. Taking care of our son and going to school full time while my husband was gone was incredibly hard. I now know why many military wives with kids give up their jobs if hey have them when their husbands deploy.
I look forward to having a job, but I have to admit I'm a little worried about finding work in a military town. Since I'm planning on being a print journalist when I'm done with school I worry about finding a job in newspapers. I'm hoping that I can get an internship with the post paper, so that possibly I can get hired on at a post paper no matter where I go. The pay is probably horrible, but it's doing what I love for a little meager restitution. I'm looking forward to having a job again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment