Tuesday, April 22, 2008

He's here....

Well I didn't finish anything on my list of things to do before my husband got home. In fact I wasn't even home to welcome my husband. My grandfather passed away the Tuesday before my husband came home, so I had to make a quick trip home to Oregon to attend his funeral. I returned home a couple hours after my husband got home. It was three in the morning when I got home. I collapsed into bed and was partially comotose within a few seconds.

I was really looking forward to going to my husbands redeployment ceremony since I'd never been to one before. I guess I'll just have to wait until the next inevitable deployment. Hopefully he will stay safe like he did this time.

Well since he's been back all of the dishes have been finished, my living room is picked up, and our bed is almost finished. I love having my husband back home. Now I just have to wait for him to go on leave, so he can create an office out of complete and total chaos. I know it sounds like he did all of the work, but I'm one of those people who doesn't self motivate, but if someone else starts I work too.

We also went shopping for patio furniture. We bought a perfect set with a small table and collapsible chairs. We also bought a fire pit since we have a ton of twigs and even a few large branches in our yard from the ice storm back in December. Hey, I couldn't move the logs by myself.

That has been the biggest challenge for me. I'm often not strong enough to do some of the big tasks, like getting the giant branch off the roof. I've never really wanted to live on post before, but it is starting to look really good after this past winter. They had power back in a few hours, while I didn't have power for almost a week.

Well despite my being a slacker and having an emergency I was pretty happy with all that I got accomplished, and I've gotten a lot done since my husband has been home. The readjustment period has been going pretty well so far. It's nice not waking up to my son's head in the middle of my back anymore, now I have my husband's snoring to deal with. Mind you I snore too, but hey I don't hear myself. I've got a supply of Ambien, take one of those and a nuclear bomb could go off and I'd sleep through it.

Talking about sleeping through things. I woke up around 4 in the morning one day and my husband was on the computer dinking around. I went to bed and fell asleep again. When I woke up my husband was laying next to me and I commented to him that I didn't remember him coming to bed again. He looked at me oddly and said that I had a conversation with him about YouTube when he came in. Needless to say I didn't remember the conversation. He said I was coherent in our conversation. Who knew I could hold an intelligent conversation in my sleep. Heaven only knows I'm hard pressed to hold one while awake.

I'll keep you updated on our transition. We have our first date night coming up on Friday. It's with another couple who are friends of ours, but at least there won't be children. I have often felt starved for conversation during his deployment. I'd talk to anyone about nothing, I'm sure I seemed like a whack job a good lot of the time. I blame it on the isolation. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm certifiable. And if I'm crazy the Army made me that way.

No comments: